Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Case steam engine

What a barn find! I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best thing about these shows is you never know what you might find.




The Keck-Gonnerman was back at Dacusville this year and during a conversation with it's owner it developed that the McConnell clan had a Case traction engine for sale. Naturally I pounced on the opportunity to have a look.




A short ride from the show venue and I was standing in front of a beautifully restored example of the J.I. Case craft.



Ok, to pick knits It's in a dimly lit metal utility building but barn find just sounds better. It was however one of those rare occasions that I found myself wishing I had thought to pack a full size speedlight because the on camera flash just wasn't powerfull enough.







If you've always wanted your own steam engine, start counting the contents of that big pickle jar that's about to make your dresser drawer collapse. Sold.



This engine is no longer available for sale.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or send an email to: stevedritch@gmail.com